Tuesday, February 15, 2005

So, you think I'll finish this post before it's tomorrow?

I don't post on the various LiveJournal knitting communities very often. A few I read, but I'm not keen on the whole format of LJ. This leads to a passing familiarity with many folks without actually knowing a single thing about them. One of these people I've seen around LJ for months but never talked/typed with just her. A few weeks ago I find out she's a student at UofH, where Brotherling is; today I finally had the chance to meet her.

As always, Joeli is totally right; everybody has a story. It's just catching them at the right time, thought it also helps if they're not a mass murderererererer. One such person I'd like to know is someone I accidentally approached while looking for the knitter. (I thought she was just crocheting for a change. She wasn't since it wasn't her. I told the unsuspecting crocheter to learn to knit.)

Once the proper person was found, Vera and I spent a good hour and a half sitting and chatting. The time flew by and it was past 6 before I knew it! Hope someday she and I can get together again, either on campus or at a LYS. *wiggles eyebrows nonsensically* She is actually the first knitter I've met who is less than five years older than me; strange (but good) to finally meet a knitter my age in real life.

Since the picture of the dyed roving in the last post was so abysmal, let's try that one again:



Somehow that turns into fairly long repeats. Most of what I've done so far is the dark blue.



Public Service Annoucement: Houston roads are dreadful. Don't try to pour soda for somebody in the car with your white WIP anywhere close. I did learn how well one could wash a WIP while still on the needles, though. Came out clean and hey- it needed to be pinned out anyway.


(The diamonds actually are straight... I had to stand on a chair to get that shot. If I stood in the proper spot for a good angle, I'd whack my head on the fan. What, turn off the fan in this heat? Ha!)

The main part of Pixie Two has been finished! The pattern calls to bind off a bunch of stitches for half a dozen rows, then seam. Purple Pixie started that way but after an inch of seaming I ripped it back and opted instead for short rows and a three-needle bindoff. In the same spirit (sprite?) , Pixie Two was shaped with short rows and then grafted together. Purtier than seaming and no harder. (But of course I don't show it off in the picture.)



Full picture when Pixie Two is finished, probably tomorrow night.