Monday, January 31, 2005

Mmmm, destruction....

Computer is happily re-assembled in my room, though I've managed to misplace a camera cable again. Clever rodent. Nope, haven't finished the raglan, though I did start and finish a different sweater.

This is, more or less, the infamous Five Hour Baby Sweater. Time involved? Started on Saturday and finished today, but on the number of hours I haven't the foggiest. Computer knitting can't be timed well.



What size this is and who it's for - good questions. Glad I asked. Umm....

In baby news totally unrelating to knitting news, did I mention my neighbor is a grandma? She came over this morning to show off her grandbaby, who was just let out of the hospital last week. Kidlet wasn't due until next month but turned out to be an early Christmas present for his mama. Wow, is he tiny; three pounds at birth... and cute. Cuter than Vicki Howell. Really cute.


Mystery Fair Isle Thing returns to haunt me! I sliced off the bottom (green&yellow) wonky part back to the start of the blue&yellow pattern, which is actually where I originally cast on. Picked up the stitches again... perhaps this time I'll decrease at the proper rate and it will turn out closer to flat.



What prompted such wanton destruction of a formerly finished object? Seems to be going around.



On the right is the window the Chevy crashed into. On the left is the living room; yep, Mom & I tore down most of the wall yesterday. We currently have a nefarious plan to put the panel on the living room side back up so that when Dad returns later this week, it's not *too* obvious that the wall was (halfway) torn down. Stay tuned for how that works out! (Next month.)