Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Dancing and dancing all night to that Blue Carioca....

(Mmm, Mike Nesmith....)

One of November's "Help, I'm stuck in Okieland and need to knit something!" projects was this failed attempt at a scarf. Note to self: bias knit does not block exactly the same as straight knitting. Too narrow. Sunday I uncovered the rest of that yarn; I'd used exactly half of what I had for the scarf. Hmm, tidy little slip-stitch edge there... I googled for a couple minutes looking for a good knitted-on edging until I realised that printing it would be too much of a hassle anyway. (Score one for lazybutts.) The obscenely simple garter stitch pattern I used works well, so nyah.



Not declaring it "finished" yet... might be another two months until I add to it again. Stay tuned.


Mystery Tank #2 Lives Again now has both arms sewn on, though neither are long enough yet. Maybe I won't finish it until its first birthday in May.


Saturday afternoon I cast on for Cozy. The guess for how many more stitches I'd need to make it a bit wider and to compensate for using sportweight cotton was *way* off. Frogged, tried again.



Monday night at the SnB was quite crowded. Notable new faces included... well, I don't know their names. One was a left-handed crocheter who carried her project in a SETHSA bag. Whoever she is, I love her. Another new person was a needle tatter! Having not watched a needle tatter in action before, I was mesmerised. She suggested that rather than buying tatting needles to use doll making needles but warned that the point are sharp... she ain't just kidding. I think my shuttles are safer... and needle tatting is more dangerous than needle felting. Owwwwwwwww.


Finally... progress on the raglan.


At the elbow I figured it'd be tidier to do both arms at the same time. Attempting to do this in the round was failing miserably; I've got about two inches more to do before I can sew them up.
If that picture isn't enough for y'all... which it should be, but in the odd chance it ain't...
Front - Left sleeve - Right sleeve - Back

Off to finish the raglan's sleeves....