Thursday, January 06, 2005

... goin' where the weather suits my clothes...

Fritty flicks her tail and purrs at y'all's adoration! Now she requests somebody scratches her leg.

Jo, Urban Pagan, and Helen - I can't believe y'all think there's nothing wrong with the sock. It's butt-ugly - and I ain't talking the tush variety of butt - I mean Richard Simmon's butt, butt-ugly. The colours themselves are fine, but the inconsistent number of rows per stripe makes it look as if the machine was intoxicated at the time. It's wretched! But I'm too far into it to frog... and I want my #1s back... so I just hope there's enough yarn to finish it.

In other news, I'm thrilled that Sci-Fi is setting back the Stargates by an hour; now I can watch Monk the first time around instead of waiting for a re-run. Not that certain parts of Monk's personality are close to mine. At least I don't have any particular obsession with cleaning... if I had my way, I'd vacuum my room only once every six months. Last night was one of those times; finally blocked a couple things.

Mystery Shawl #2: Used to look like this... now closer to this....



Hey, don't you be hasslin' me about how few pins I used. Judging by my repeated abuse of Mystery Shawl #1, it'll be fine. (Being brought to Okieland constitutes one of the most cruel things done to my knitting.)

Also pinned out part of Mystery Shawl #3. Doesn't look much different, but it feels and drapes better. Next time I pin it out I won't stretch it as much; right now it's about 22" wide, but I think the diamonds would be happier at 18". Slow going, though. Being my migrating project, it doesn't get much work done...

Another contractor coming by today to say how much damage he thinks there is. This guy is one the insurance company is fond of; Dad claims the estimate will be pretty much same as what the other local contractor said, while Mom suspects there's something sinister afoot and this one will differ quite a bit. We'll see.

While working on this entry I realised that every active project here (5) is without the aid of a printed pattern. Sock, sleeve, MS#3, Green Thing, Secret Gift Project I Can't Talk About... cool. (And don't ask what SGPICTA is, okay?)