Tuesday, January 11, 2005

More re-runs

At the Knitty Coffeeshop I keep reading of great finds at thrift shops of yarn or wool sweaters. Apparently they haven't trolled the thriftshops around here; in the Houston area, wool is nearabouts nonexistent. I've found a few, though. One is slowly being transformed into a bag. No "before" pictures; it was a pretty basic cardigan with frightful designs.





Though not visible in those pictures, those pieces are actually stuck together now; a piece from the upper back forms the bag bottom. The sleeves will be become the sides someday; the plan is also to make the bag taller. What I'll use for that I don't know yet. Perhaps I'll butcher the other sweater for such a nefarious purpose.

In other news, there is no other news. Well, I actually have a post relating to the ReKAL - is that news? Or here's real news - Joeli has returned! I guess I'm back to work on MT#2's second sleeve....