Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My brain hurts!

As promised, pictures of the sweater sliced open. In these pictures, I've picked up stitches around the neck and knit a couple rows, but then slid the stitches onto scrap yarn.

If you dare think something questionable lurks in this picture... um, look at what Joeli posted !




I've since finished the neck band and sewn on the buttons... but no pictures right now. Yep, I picked the loud buttons. Birds and flowers and cute things.

Floating in the frog pond:



Intended to be a bag of some sort, I had far less of this colour of dishcloth cotton than I'd though. As much as I like how the lace shows in this yarn, I now realise it'd be better saved for another project I'm planning.


Undecided:



Dishcloth cotton again. Unsure of what size it'll turn out to be, I can't decide if I want to gamble on having enough yarn again or if I want to frog it and try with the size yarn the pattern calls for.



Fathom tagged me yesterday in a vain attempt to butter me up so that when we young'uns take over the world, we'll spare her. Yeah, your plan was that transparent!! Ain't going to work! We demand yarn bribes!
Oh well.


Do you knit using the English or Continental Method?
Mainly Continental, but I've been practicing English more lately.

How long ago did you learn to knit?
Two years.

Who taught you how?
I first learned from a few books, but my knitting didn't really take off until I found online communities.

What was your first FO?
A shark from "World of Knitted Toys". I kid you not.

Favorite yarn?
Eh. I ain't picky.
Translation: I don't have enough yarnie experience to say confidently what's my favourite. Doesn't each yarn have different advantages?

Favorite pattern you’ve knit so far?
Have I mentioned before that I'm dreadful about picking favourites? I can't even state my absolute favourite colour. Good thing I don't need to cross the Bridge of Death, or else the gatekeeper would surely toss me into the Gorge of Eternal Peril.

Favorite pattern source?
Most of my favourite patterns have largely come from my own mildly twisted mind. Interweave scores a close second, though I've not knit many of their patterns. Eye candy.

Favorite needles?
Certainly Addi Turbos! I have only three or four, though; Denise scores a close second simply because of the wider range.

Nicest thing you’ve ever knit:
Probably "Madli's Shawl", unless you're counting gifts I knit where the people thought I was really nice for having spent the time on them.

Most hated project:
Eeek! So much competition! Please no comments from the peanut gallery with votes on this.